Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I HATE Thunderstorms at Night

Not because I'm afraid of them, although the idea of an enormous oak smashing into our house is a bit disturbing, but because my geriatric dog leftover from college gets up panting and pacing from one side of the bed to the other. To make things worse, it makes my husband insanely angry, so not only is there the CLICK-CLACK of Seagram's (my dog, not my husband) nails hitting the hardwoods, there are also sudden, unexpected outbursts from my bed felllow.

We have started putting him in the bathroom downstairs on these nights because it is completely impossible to sleep and there is absolutely no way to calm him down (he's even afraid of camera flashes because they remind him of lightning.) Plus, when he's scared and we're not there, he always jumps in the bath tub as evidenced by the dirty dog footprints I find when I go to take a shower. The only problem is that inevitably, we wake up to a lake of pee on the bathroom floor the next morning. Sigh.

No comments: