Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too much on my plate

So I have come to realize that I have too much going on in my life and I need to cut out some of the "extra" things that cause me unneeded stress and worry. That's why after months of ignoring my blog, I decide to actually write a post. That makes a ton of sense. Actually, I just want to be able to post pictures of my son's birthday party (which is probably my real source of stress -- only because I am going to be embarrassed by the rock quarry and mud mounds in my yard.) I really should have had a construction themed party. It would have been perfect.

Anyway, just to get back in the swing of things. Here are two items I have knitted in the last couple months. The first is a set of booties for our neighbors who had their third boy. You can get the pattern from here: http://www.bekahknits.com/. Or if you are on ravelry, from here.

The second pattern is from Debbie Bliss' "Essential Baby." It's just the little baby vest pattern, but I added the monogram "R" using intarsia. It's my first time making of my own intarsia design. I just basically created a grid of the stitches and Xed the blue ones. It was pretty easy.


No comments: