Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ethan's 3rd Birthday -- Part II

This year, my husband and I took on the tremendous endeavor of constructing a playset(which will be shown in Ethan's 3rd Birthday -- Part III) for the E-Man's birthday. Knowing that this would take us just about forever and also taking into account that another child in his school has a birthday the day after his, we decided to move his "Friend Come Over to My House" birthday party back a couple weeks. So, on his actual birthday, we attended his friend's party and then came home to a pizza, cake and ice cream with Grandma, PaPa, Aunt Lynn, Uncle John, Erin, and Dee Dee, Sharon, and Grandma Schutte (and Mommy and Daddy too.) I love the family birthday the most. I really wish we had more little kids. It would be that much better.

superECake


For his family birthday, I spent way too long trying to make a Super Why themed cake. I love decorating cakes, but I stink at it. If you have a child who watches Super Why, perhaps you will be able to tell what I wast trying to get at with the cake. It's supposed to be the Super Why book. See it? I cheated and stuck toys on it (thank goodness.)

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of the festivities. He makes my heart pitter pat.



Super3
Listening to everyone sing "Happy Birthday To You" -- How cute is that?



blowingCandles
Blowing out his candle



erin
Erin -- Isn't she pretty?


everybody


playing
Jumping and playing!

4 comments:

Linda said...

THANK YOU!

I do decorate cakes but have been racking my brain on what to do for a Super Why cake for my 3 yr old this weekend.

Everything on the internet just didn't do it for me! I love this one. I am going to use your idea and make this.

Thanks again! Linda

Diana said...

Hi Linda,

I'm glad you like it! I'd love to see your Super Why cake when it's finished!

Diana

Anonymous said...

loved your cake :) can you tell me where i can find the toys ??? its my son's 5th bday and he wants a super why cake with the toys.

Diana said...

I'm glad you like it! I found the toys at Toys R Us. That was a long time ago now. The only place I see them currently is Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Super-Why-Flyer-Vehicles-Alpha-Pig-Wyatt-Wonder-Red-Princess-Presto-PBS-Kids-/330780537275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d040e71bb

Amazon looks like they have some cake toppers. Maybe those would work for you! Good luck!