Friday, September 4, 2009

The Holy Grail of Toy Mixers (I think)

So, I received a comment with a new wooden mixer suggestion and it was really cute. And then I thought to myself, "Have I searched WOODEN toy mixers?" And have I used bing? (I love bing. It gives me so much more than google.) Anyway, that's when I found it in an article about Le Toy Van ... the ultimate in wooden toy mixer sets.
Drool. Drool. I quickly looked at Le Toy Van's website (which I highly recommend -- they have the CUTEST wooden toy playsets!) and I couldn't find a US distributor. Panic. So then I binged Le Toy Can Mixer and woo hoo! There it is on good ol' amazon. OK, so it is $53.99 + $8.95 shipping , but it includes all of those CAKES which I love, love, love!

Now, remember. I have a boy. He does like to play with the kitchen set (which is one made by my grandfather and saved since my childhood), but he also likes guns (sorry to the squeamish moms who can't handle that), crashing cars and making loud roaring sounds. Would this be completely lost on him? It's not lost on me! I guess there's always hope I'd have a girl eventually (pray. pray. even if it's not a girl. another would be very nice.) but I run the risk that he would have put little tiny bite marks in all the cakes (not to mention the rolling pin.) But it is so lovely. So ... should I get it?

1 comment:

ellen said...

eBay?

And I can't believe I've lost you to Bing!